"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, September 10, 2012

Music Monday: Ronan

Ronan was just released two days ago by Taylor Swift, and is written in the memory of Ronan Thompson, a little boy who died last year of cancer. Taylor Swift wrote it after reading his mother's blog, and it was debuted at a cancer charity event. All proceeds from the single go towards the fight towards cancer. The song was co-written by Ronan's mother, Maya Thompson.




This is such a beautiful, touching song - I've had it on repeat for pretty much the last two days. It really resonated with me because I lost my brother and I can picture him as a little boy, running barefoot down the hallways calling me 누나. And my heart goes out to any mother of a hospital baby.

I love you all to the moon and back,
Lady Solitaire.

3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

What a wonderful way to remember Ronan and a great choice for Music Monday.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Favourite line:

"What if the miracle was spending one moment with you?"

Miracles are made in moments.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Miracles are made in moments.