"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, September 24, 2012

Withdraw

If there is love in a lie
It is not a sin, surely?
You cannot fault me for protecting you.

A shield takes the hardest of blows
That a sword cannot match
Wielded by trembling hands

I was born of royal blood
A bloodline of golden thrones and silver foil
Broken by fate and welded by tears

And yet I can't withdraw your heart from mine.

Inspired by Withdraw by Kimbra

Click here for a discussion of Withdraw 

No comments: