"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, June 01, 2012

Erratic

Now Playing: Good Intent (Simlish) by Kimbra

I follow a few blogs and sometimes I have seriously checked back five squillion times and there's not a single update.

I must confess I'm a little like that.

Not that many people care, only I have quite a few texts from my friend along the vein of 'BLOG SOMETHING I'M BORED', and another friend who tends to intepret lack of internet activity as lack of life or sanity. Which in my case is normally true, because unless I'm depressed or drowning in work I am quite proud of the fact that all emails I bother to care about have a 24 hour turnaround.  

I don't work to schedule, you know? I reject order so much that despite nearly two years of pretty much the exact same classes in the exact same rooms with almost the exact same teachers I still cannot remember, for the life of me, my school timetable. You'd think that I'd remember what I do every Monday morning for the last two years, but apparently not. What's worse is that now I'm not at school, because it's exam week, and by the time I get back I am seriously screwed. I have no idea what classes are when. I'll probably remember them very conveniently by graduation.

Sometimes I write at school. Most of the time I write after school, at home. Lots of the time I'll start a blog post and then get distracted by email, or homework, or showering or eating dinner or generally having a life. Sometimes I get so busy or distracted or depressed I don't post anything for weeks.

I don't like the idea of scheduling posts. It is something I can do - I can set the exact time in which something appears, if I want to. But I never do. I feel like you lose the moment, don't you think? I don't have moments of inspiration at exactly 8pm every Tuesday and Thursday, so why should I make my blog look like I do? I like to think that randomness is just part of my charm. 

If it's any comfort for the lovers of order and organization (so what exactly are you doing here?) on average I post about 20.9 times a month. So check back every 1.4 days ;P

FYI that took me ages because, ya know, I don't do numbers...

No comments: