"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Martyr

I guess it makes sense
That the girl who cried over nothing
Should die over nothing.
  
I guess it's your happiness
Over mine.  
I'll forgive and forget
Even when I am burning on the pyre.

How long must I forfeit?
How long must I deny myself

How long must I take the blame
And pay the price?

How long must I fight back tears
And bite my tongue;

How many more sleepless nights
of fevered prayer
And stifled shrieks,

How long must I look you in the eye
Smile,
Laugh,
And lie?

Goodnight, my love.

I am so very tired.

Click here for a discussion of The Martyr

No comments: