"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Thousand Thousand Fearless Things #50

Now Playing: Good Intent by Kimbra (step into the dwelling of the liger's mouth, peer into the panic for a kick and swell)

#422: Today was the day my hair decided to throw a tantrum and not give a damn about my self esteem. I know I should have washed it yesterday but hair, like boys, horses and heels, need taming a little, a bit of breaking in.

#423: This morning I took one look at my bottle of foundation and just went 'Meh. Nah. Sorry.'

#424: Sugar rush!

#425: There's something very endearing about the way you brush against my shoulder with all the grace of an ox. Sends me off balance in more ways than one. 

#426: Could I just be 'the girl who got the English award' and not 'the Asian who got the English award'? Please?

#427: You can see me, but you cannot touch me. I have everything you tried to take from me.

#428: It is so very nice to have a little kindness after an eternity of being pushed around 

#429: I took one look at my red singlet in the laundry hamper and burst out laughing. That shirt, I swear, is magic...

#430: 'Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just...happy to see me?' (Mae West. Now that is a real woman.)

    

No comments: