"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Pardonnez-moi, Monsieur

To me,
Sorry spells defeat

I have done something
That cannot be undone

But my tongue
Will curl around

What?

Acknowledgement?

I cannot correct or replace
So please accept my shame.

Can any word
Or sound
Any act
Or thought, or deed

Dry the tears on my pillow
And unbreak a broken heart?

Apologies ring with insincerity
It is nothing more,
Or less,
Than saving face

By all means,
Let them eat cake.

To be the kind of person
Apologetic of life

I could not live
Without the reckless

Callous
Sinful desire

To never, ever,
Truly regret.

I will live and die
Unashamed. 

Pardonnez-moi, monsieur
But I will not bow down.

Click here for a discussion of Pardonnez-moi, Monsieur

No comments: