"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, May 04, 2012

Content.

Now Playing: Fix You (Cover) by Savannah Outen ft. Jake Coco

Skye seems to sense that I'm different. Whenever she cuddles on my lap she always puts her head on my right side so she can hear my heartbeat.

You know when your stomach has been rumbling for ages and you finally take a bite, and your jaw constricts and then relaxes, and your stomach does a couple of celebratory somersaults? Despite losing 5kg I haven't lost my love of food, or that feeling.

You know the shivers down your spine, that warm fuzzy feeling and the little giggles into your pillow? I love that so much I almost don't mind the tears.

It rained pretty much all day today. I love the fresh tang in the air. It just kind of hovers. I'm not such a huge fan of the humidity but the cool, slightly damp gusty breezes...it makes you feel more alive.

Sometimes I just open the half of my wardrobe dedicated to my enormous party dress collection and smile. I have a thousand memories of those dresses.

Bella loves to bury her head in a mountain of pillows when she snuggles on the sofa. I used to do that when I was little. Girl after my own heart.

It's amazing how age is relative, and has nothing to do with your date of manufacture. I wonder how old I actually am?

That horrible feeling when you know you're really, really, really late for something but you'll be in even deeper shit if you don't show at all. It's a real fearless moment when you have to walk in. Although, it was pretty embarassing to only make the last five minutes of a meeting.

The intrinsic, childish, whimsical joy of peanut butter.

No comments: