"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Narcissus

I never understood
Why you paid homage
To spring rains,
And autumn dew;

I never realized why
You loved the winter ice
And cried
When in summer the water dried.

I never knew
Why you would smile
And touch
And whisper, fondly
Why you were obsessed
And enamoured
And broken in my absence.

But you would abandon me for the hunt
For the thrill of the chase
For although water may wax and wane
You have,
In me,
The comfort of time and place.

You are my Narcissus
And I could weep a waterfall
To keep you prisoner, forever
Trapped by your own vanity.

Or I could meander on
And let time dry my tears
On the long and lonely journey
To the end of the world.

Click here for a discussion of Narcissus

No comments: