"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, May 05, 2012

random musings and non sequiteurs..

Now Playing: 'Danse Macabre' by Camille Saint-Saens 

I have really cold feet. Not metaphorically; literally. It's something I inherited from my mother. I'm so inefficient at heating up all five feet three inches of yours truly.

Despite my weight problem I've always had really tiny hands, and wrists, and ankles. When I wore a Medic Alert bracelet (I don't anymore, mostly because it's *really annoying* for people to say 'I didn't know you had a peanut allergy!') I had to wear the baby size until I was about ten years old. My penchant for rings (I wear two; a turquoise from my mother and a Celtic knot my mother bought for me in Scotland) comes mostly because I couldn't wear rings for a long time because I couldn't find any small enough. (My uncle stretched my Celtic ring before I died of gangrene, but when I bought it I was estatic because it was a perfect fit).

I'm fascinated by wedding rings. I love men who wear wedding rings; my father doesn't, and to me it epitomises his completely unromantic nature. 

People are shocked that I'm rather ambivalent about death. To me, death would be a bummer, but it's not really something I fear. I'm more frightened of pain. 

I don't listen to the radio. It just seems like a really inefficient way to listen to music. Right now my iPod is driving me crazy because when I'm not at my computer I don't have any control over what it plays. Despite all this, I always go spastic when I hear a favourite song on the radio.

I give myself pen tattoos occasionally, for no apparent reason. I always have fearless written on my leg (you'd have to be very nice to me to see that, boys), and I have Aspasia written on my right forearm. Before my lovely stretch marks I always thought I'd get a tattoo on my hip; I always used to put temporary tattoos on my hipbones. Mind you, I'm so chicken that I'll probably just stick to henna ;P

I've known more Maddys and Ryans than any other name. Isn't that weird? Oh, and Thomas'. There are millions of Thomas' in our grade. And Eleanor.

I am an insatiable gossip. Despite this, I can never for the life of me keep up with who's with who. Because I go to a high school. Social hierarchy collapses and regroups approximately every six seconds.

For the first time in my life I want someone to buy me books for my birthday. I would love to get Belle de Jour's books - and yes, I know they're about working girls.

I come from a very large, crazy, slightly dysfunctional but very loveable extended family. I think I am closest to my aunt (my father's brother's wife), because I lived with her for three months when I was eight.

What the hell have they done to children's cartoons? Bananas in Pyjamas and Angeline Ballarina...sob...

I much prefer learning than teaching. It's why I love spending time with older people. I love people who know more than I do. That being said, condescension is worse than any other character or physical defect.

There was a particular person who didn't even cross my mind as I packed my bags and galumphed around Asia. Now that particular person is always in my mind. Isn't that weird?

The Bold and the Beautiful. I swear, if my life was half as interesting/incestuous...

The most traumatic vaccination was the cervical cancer shot in year seven.

No comments: