"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Higher Ground.

Do you remember
Our far-flung little corner
Of our tiny universe?

The steps
We tramped up and down and up and down

Children masquerading like
Mummers in a game of love.

It still smells the same
The same chemical tang 
of disappointment
and fresh paint

But now I cannot remember how it used to be
I cannot feel you in my heart anymore.

Now I have no time,
No place,
No reason

To think of what could have been.

Time is unstoppable, and
Change is inevitable

I did what any child would have done when
I fled to higher ground.

I'm still Penelope
Weaving and unweaving
But my heart is for others to break now.

Click here for a discussion of Higher Ground.

No comments: