"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Operation Get Fit: Stability and Finality.

Now Playing: Women's Revolution by Blue King Brown ft. Queen Ifrica

This will be my last post on Operation Get Fit.

The lightest I've been in Operation Get Fit is, to my memory, about 49kg. The heaviest I've ever been is 58kg. Now I'm about 52kg, but more importantly, I'm happy and healthy. After dropping a few kilos and yo yoing a bit, it's been 52 for a little while now. And I'm happy.

It's been a crazy and, sometimes, very difficult adventure. It wasn't just about the weight; it was regaining confidence, self esteem, etc.

I'm not Sundowning anymore, mostly because it was pretty unsustainable. I have a much healthier approach. I exercise often, and I eat what I like when I'm hungry.

52kg is not my goal weight, and I hope I get it down a little more. But for all intents and purposes, I'm done. I've broken a few vicious cycles, and I look good and feel even better. I can wear some of my sister's old clothes and I'm looking better in smaller sizes.

Someone like me cannot take good health for granted, and in this Operation Get Fit I've learned to love and respect my body. I've stopped obsessing about food, and about numbers, and what I look like. It's not important anymore. There is so much more to live for. 

No comments: