"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, May 10, 2012

quod me nutrit me destruit

I have said
What I shouldn't have said

And I have never uttered
Half of what I should have told you.

What do you do
When the cure is worse than the disease?

I curse my own naievete

You've chained
metoyou
With my own vulnerability

You saved me from fire
Only to trap me in ice.

And I cannot walk away from nothing
There is nothing to ignite
And everything to ignore
And I'm too in love to let it go. 

Next time,
I swear
I'll be braver
I'll be my own saviour

I am indebted
Eternally

But the price is not worth the pain.


No comments: