"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hardest of Hearts

It is nothing
It is another nothing, again
Another splinter I will have to flick away,
Ignore, and
Smile to spite my tears.

And who am I to complain?
I have not the words
To explain,
To describe
How something so
Offensively, appalingly petty
Can break the hardest of hearts.

So I will smile,
Again,
My empty courtier's grin
I should not like you to know
My every vulnerability.

We are Pyramus and Thisbe
But our wall
And its many cracks
Are of our own making.

You are not as tragic as I
The little things do not touch you
You do not let cause and effect and
Consequence become intertwined.

But you left
Without even saying goodbye.

Inspired by 'Hardest of Hearts' by Florence + The Machine

Click here for a discussion of Hardest of Hearts

No comments: