"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, May 28, 2012

Boundaries

How do you know the boundaries
In foreign territory?

How can I say anything
When you speak in foreign tongues?

I try not to let my paranoia
Colour my opinion of you

But I have all your offences
Lined up against a wall

A wall of pain
I cannot ignore.

I don't know whether I see too much
Or not enough

I don't know whether I know everything
Or nothing, at all

I do not know whether I ask,
And take,
What is due
Or undeserved. 

Forgive me
If I do not know
What is too much
And what is not enough.

Every step towards clarity
Is a step away from you.

We exist in the paradox
Of hypocrisy

We reach turning points
Between nowhere and nothing

But I have learnt, somehow
To tread softly
To pull back

And say sorry.

I do not know how to ask
The same of you. 

I used to think you could see past my insecurities

But all you know of my boundaries
Is that they do not exist...

I let anyone
Do anything

And for all your charms
And for all your kindness

In the end I suffer in silence

How do you know the boundaries
In foreign territory?

How can I say anything
When you speak in foreign tongues?

Click here for a discussion of Boundaries

No comments: