"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Hardest Part

Should I strike down the infidel
Or sacrifice the heathen inside me?

I pay the price
My lips crack, bleed
When I smile.

The hardest part
Is the spring in my step
The absent courtier's grin

It brings tears to my eyes
I'm no good at this disguise

I could feel it go down
And I could not help but be mesmerised
It was beautiful in its tragedy
It reminded me of you.

The hardest part
Is losing you
Letting go

I cry without a sound
When I scream nobody can hear me drown

I was on my knees
And nobody came.

Will you be my Judas?
Or just a thousand Peters
Nobody stayed with me in my final hour.

The worst kind of people
Do not do bad deeds
They watch
As bad deeds are done unto others.  

You could see the blade
Glisten in the sun

The hardest part
Was that I wasn't scared
And nobody cared.

The last words on my
Cracked bleeding lips
Is your cracked bleeding lullaby

I'm sorry.

Inspired by The Hardest Part by Coldplay

Click here for a discussion of The Hardest Part

No comments: